If you volunteer in any capacity within our school you’ll need to undertake the RAN training online, as explained below. RAN stands for Responding to Abuse and Neglect and helps you understand your child protection responsibilities as a volunteer.
The training module has recently changed, and all previous training expired at the end of 2015. If you have not undertaken training since then, you must do it again.
This is much easier now because DECD now offers RAN training online.
During the session you’ll be given links to:-
- RAN-EC induction for volunteers handbook
- Protective practices: guidelines for staff working or volunteering in education and care settings
Please print these out for future reference.
Registering for RAN Online
Go to the website: https://rantrainingvolunteers.e3learning.com.au/
- Click on the ‘register’ tab.
- Fill out your details:
- full name and email address
- choose and type in a password
- keep your username and password somewhere secure
- check the spelling of your email address so that you receive a confirmation email.
- Fill out the education sector details: SA DECD
- Choose the location you will be volunteering with: Littlehampton Primary School
- Click on ‘Register my Account’. Once the registration is complete you will get an email.
Starting the training
- Enter your username (email address) and password in the ‘training Login’ box.
- Click ‘Login’.
- Click ‘continue’ – this will take you to an option to view a tutorial about how to use the course.
- If you choose not to take the tour you will be sent to the course. You will be logged in automatically by your registration.
- If you choose not to start your training straightaway, you can do it later by using the link in your email.
A certificate of participation is provided when complete.
Please print this certificate out and bring it into the school ASAP
Jenny Lewis must sign the certificate to endorse the volunteer’s participation.
Littlehampton Primary School