Our school has grown and developed over the years to incorporate many exceptional and well-maintained facilities. These include both indoor and outdoor learning and play spaces, to engage your child’s senses and encourage their natural curiosity year round.
- Productive gardens for the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden (SAKG) program.
- A musical playground with “Boomerimba” and a range of percussion instruments made of aluminium, poly piping and recycled materials.
- Imaginative play area situated under the pine trees with tepee, rope walk, log and stumps to encourage natural and explorative play.
- New play equipment to make our upper playground even more challenging and exciting for students.
- A nature play area allowing children to build and create using branches and natural materials to foster dramatic and inventive play.
- Our preschool garden is a “butterfly friendly site” filled with butterfly attracting plants. The preschool grounds are always full of butterflies and lots of caterpillars so children can observe and learn about life cycles.
We recently opened our a new Nature Play Space that was made possible by funding from the Government of South Australia. This is space that promotes learning in the outdoors. It is designed to promote engagement with nature and to provide opportunities for challenge in play.
- Out of School Hours Care
- Library and resource centre
- Purpose-built preschool
- Kitchen/dining facility to support the Kitchen / Garden program
- Molly Miels building which houses, offices, the art room, two computer pods and a large central foyer used by all connecting classes as a working space.
- Gymnasium – available for community hire
The school has recently acquired additional land for future classroom spaces. We anticipate extra play space will be added as enrolments and student numbers increase.
As an active part of our community, we encourage our school families to enjoy our grounds on the weekends. While on school grounds, we ask that parents directly supervise children and that out of bounds areas are respected. If animals are brought onto site, they are to be kept on a leash and we ask that owners please clean up after their pets.
School grounds are not able to be used by school families during vacations and weekdays as use is reserved for Out of School Hours Care and school activities. If you’re unsure about the facilities and areas you can use, please contact our friendly office staff on 8391 1194.